The Try Parking It Rideshare Program is offered strictly as a convenience and service by the North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) to commuters seeking ridematching services. Try Parking It is provided based on the agreement that its users accept full personal responsibility for any ride they may accept through this service. Due to potential personal risks when accepting or offering rides, all Try Parking It users should exercise caution and discretion, and generally take whatever steps they deem necessary to ensure their own personal safety. NCTCOG, Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART), Denton County Transportation Authority (DCTA), Fort Worth Transportation Authority (The T), and Try Parking It do not evaluate or ensure nor do they warrant or make any representations about the character, background, or skills of the users participating in the program. Try Parking It records are based on information that users enter into the system; therefore, some of the information may be inaccurate or incomplete. NCTCOG and Try Parking It do not evaluate nor do they make any representations about the truthfulness or correctness of the information and are not responsible for any false, misleading or incorrect information submitted. It is the sole responsibility of the user to regularly visit the website to check for new ride matches. NCTCOG and Try Parking It assume no responsibility nor shall have any liability for any consequences, including damages of any kind arising directly or indirectly out of any action or inaction taken in reliance upon the information, services, or materials provided herein.
By registering for Try Parking It, you certify that the following are all true:
For all Users:
- you are at least 18 years of age; and
- you have never been convicted of a felony or serious criminal offense (including but not limited to a sexual offense and/or a violence-related offense) nor any misdemeanor within the past three (3) years.
- users are advised to check with their insurance provider to ensure that their coverage extends to carpooling and ridesharing.
- you have a current and valid driver’s license;
- you carry all insurance required by Texas law in order to operate a motor vehicle;
- you carry liability insurance that covers bodily injury to all occupants of your vehicle;
- you have no record of convictions for serious driving offenses;
- you are medically fit to act as a driver;
- you are volunteering to be a driver and have not been designated by a group or company as a driver and receive no compensation from a group or company for driving; you are an independent party participating, with others, in a voluntary, not for profit, ridesharing arrangement.
- you follow prescribed manufacturer preventative and maintenance standards for the vehicle(s) you use.
- you have a valid vehicle registration and inspection.
NCTCOG and Try Parking It are not involved in nor in any way responsible for any actual dealings between you and other Users of Try Parking It. NCTCOG and Try Parking It will not be parties to disputes or negotiations of disputes between Users. Users are encouraged to report any disputes with other users to the appropriate law enforcement authorities.